Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lessons in Stamina

Sometime next week I will be doing a Gaga demonstration for my friend who is doing a presentation in his speech class. The presentation is on Ohad Naharin, the artistic director of Batsheva Dance Company. It's in Hebrew, translate it with google or just look at the cool pics. The website isn't the most informative but whatevs.


Gaga is a sort of improvisational technique that was developed by Naharin. Gaga classes are a way to increase sensation and awareness in your body. Gaga is for the young and old, and ranges from non dancer to professional. Mirrors must be covered up for Gaga, everyone must participate, observing class is not allowed. When I studied Gaga for four weeks this summer at the San Francisco Conservatory of Dance, they locked the doors . Gaga is an incredible experience and I hope I can do it justice. Maybe someone will video the presentation. More on Gaga

The title of this post refers to yoga, and how I die about everytime I go. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment